Getting Started – Setting Device Password
- Turn on device; type password (this is the device password and the only one you have to remember) and then press Enter; Confirm password (re-type) and then press Enter; Type security phrase* and then press Enter.
*Note: The security phrase is a onetime phrase which is used for making the encryption stronger. You will not be asked to enter this again nor is it necessary for you to remember the phrase. See footnote** for more detail.
You are now ready to start adding entries! passwordsFAST holds up to 125 passwords.
Fn – Function key – This corresponds with all the blue keys (numbers; symbols; Add; Delete).
Add An Entry
- Press Fn then press Add (do not press them at the same time; press them one at a time)
- Enter Description (anything up to 30 characters) then press Enter.
- Enter Username (anything up to 64 characters) then press Enter.
- Enter Password (anything up to 32 characters) then press Enter.
- Press Enter again to confirm (important step to complete process).
For example, if your password is “test123$” you would type in test; then press Fn, press 1 (q); press Fn, press 2 (w); press Fn, press 3 (e); press Fn, press $ (d). Do not press the keys at the same time. Press Fn first; then press the corresponding blue key.
Continue to repeat this process until all your entries have been set up. All entries are sorted by their Description.
If you mistype a character and you want to delete a character; Press Fn then press the bksp key (left arrow key). This will delete a character. If you need to delete several characters then repeat the process as this deletes one character at a time.
You want to add a description of “Bank” but you accidentally type “Bnek”. To delete the “e” put the cursor in front of the “e” by using left arrow key then press Fn then press the bksp (left arrow key).
To add an “a” put the cursor in front of the “n” by using your left arrow key. Type in “a”.
If you just want to move left or right without deleting characters use arrow keys.
Fn Space – To add a space press Fn then press the space key.
Esc key – always takes you to the previous screen.
View An Entry
- Highlight entry by using the up/down arrow keys; press Enter; use up/down arrow keys to view username and password
- Press Esc when done viewing (this will take you back to the Password Entries screen)
You can also use the Search key:
You want to search on your entry with description “Bank”. Press the search key then type “ba” at the Search Phrase screen. It will bring back all entries with” ba” in the description name.
Delete An Entry
- Highlight entry you want to delete by using the up/down arrow keys or using the search key
- Press Fn then pres Del (do not press them at the same time; press them one at a time)
- Follow prompts
Edit an Entry
- Highlight entry by using up/down arrow keys or using the search key
- Press Edit key
- It will take you to Edit Description. You can edit the description and then press Enter, or if you don’t want to edit the description just press Enter and it will then take you to Edit Username. You can edit the Username and then press Enter, or if you don’t want to edit Username just press Enter. It will then allow you to edit the Password. You can edit the Password and press Enter. It will ask you to confirm by pressing Enter (important step to complete process).
Press to turn device on. Press and hold for 1 second to turn off. If device does not turn on immediately, take out and re-insert the battery.
Coin Battery Slot
There is a slot on the bottom left that contains a CR2016 coin battery. When the battery runs out you will not lose your passwords. Simply replace the battery when needed. All information is retained in permanent memory.
- Do not mix old and new batteries.
- Do not mix Alkaline, Standard (Carbon-Zinc) or Rechargeable (Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire.
- Batteries should be recycled or disposed of as per state and local guidelines.
This allows you to enter capital letters. Press the shift key and then press the letter (do not press them at the same time; press them one at a time). You have to press the shift key for each capital letter needed.
This key adds the letters “.com” to what you are typing. For example, if you were typing the website of your bank into the description, you would type www.mybank and then press Fn then press .com key.
This takes you to the Device Options screen after you login. Use the up/down arrows to select the following settings:
- Screen Level allows you to set the darkness of the font on the screen. Use left/right arrow to adjust the setting.
- Timeout allows you to adjust the number of seconds it takes to for the passwordsFAst to automatically shut off when idle. Use left/right arrow to adjust setting.
- Login Trys allows you to set the number of login attempts. If too many incorrect logins, it displays an error message for 10 seconds, then it turns off, allowing you to turn it back on and try to login again. Use left/right arrow to adjust the setting.
- Change Password allows you to change the device password to a new device password. Highlight then press Enter and follow prompts.
If you forget the device password, you can reset the device to its original state, which will allow you to create a new device password. WARNING: this will delete all existing password entries! At the Enter Password screen, Press Fn then press Opt. Follow the prompts.
**Note: The security phrase is combined with the password to create the device’s encryption key, which is used to securely store your passwords. You can enter anything up to a maximum of 32 characters. The longer and more unique your security phrase is, the more secure your passwords will be.
Made in China.